Join the Enerquip Team – Sales Engineer
Meet some of our team and learn more of what it’s like to work as a Sales Engineer at Enerquip.
Join the Enerquip Team – Sales Engineer
Enerquip has a unique full-time opening for a Sales Engineer.
As a leading supplier of industrial and sanitary heating and cooling equipment, Enerquip is a stable, growing company with excellent benefits, friendly local people, and an employee tenure twice that of the national average.
The person in this position will provide heating and cooling solutions for customers, for both existing accounts and new prospects. They will convert these opportunities into qualified RFQs for hot oil systems, asphalt heaters, shell and tube heat exchangers, tank coils and other equipment, which are then sized, estimated and quoted to the customers. They will develop, service, and grow relationships with customer accounts. Travel may be required.
Education and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Process Engineering, a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, sales, estimating, design, and/or customer service in the process equipment industry is preferred.
- Formal sales training is helpful.
- Experience in a similar role, a plus.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Process and prequalify incoming project opportunities; confirm the customer’s technical requirements; develop and size equipment options that will meet these requirements, using current and new tools available.
- Develop pricing estimates for the equipment to be proposed for customers’ solutions; generate custom proposals for customers/prospects for equipment requested.
- Work with component suppliers to specify and select key components for systems, such as burners, pumps, valves, and controls.
- Follow up with customers by phone on open proposals to discuss, clarify, and negotiate the proposal to a closed sale.
- Contact accounts periodically based on their account level to prospect for new project opportunities, update contacts and request referrals.
- Coordinate and participate in project kick-off meetings and continuous improvement process committee meetings where required.
- Act as a liaison between clients and CAD Design and Production on projects; act as Project Manager when it is appropriate.
- Participate in or host customer visits to Enerquip, virtual meetings with customers, lunch and learns, presentations, etc.
- Act as the company representative at trade association meetings/shows/etc.
- Input and maintain customer data in CRM program for assigned accounts and new prospects being quoted; document sales activities such as key project discussions, virtual meetings, and sales calls.
- Prepare electronic folders for new orders to be entered and create PO Checklists for sold projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and attributes:
- Customer service oriented.
- Solid math skills and ability to work with formulas, tables, and multiple variables.
- Sales skills – ability to prequalify, develop relationships, and close sales.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints for equipment; CAD background is helpful.
- Self-accountable and self-driven.
- Organized, structured, and disciplined.
- Believes in and effectively uses data and analytics to manage performance.
- Goal-oriented team player.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Committed to hard work, accuracy, and continual learning which is required because of the rapid technology evolution.
- Excellent problem analysis and problem resolution skills; ability to develop and propose equipment-based solutions for clients.
- Willingness to pitch in, regardless of the task.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial in thinking about the future of the company.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office applications, HTRI/BJAC or similar modeling software, estimating templates, and website research.
- Personable; ability to work well with others in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
Integrity, drive, quality and care – that’s what makes the Enerquip team. Ready to join a culture of excellence? APPLY TODAY!