Enerquip is looking for a driven Sales Engineer with process engineering experience and a desire for career advancement.
As a leading supplier of industrial and sanitary heating and cooling equipment, Enerquip is a stable, growing company with excellent benefits, friendly local people, and an employee tenure twice that of the national average.
The person in this position will size, estimate, and quote heating and cooling solutions for existing customers and new prospects. They will convert opportunities into qualified RFQs for hot oil systems, asphalt heaters, shell and tube heat exchangers, tank coils, and other equipment. They will develop, service, and grow relationships with customer accounts. Travel may be required.
Education and experience:
- Degree in mechanical, chemical, or process engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience engineering, estimating, designing, and selling heat transfer process equipment is preferred.
- Experience in a similar role and formal sales training is a plus.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Process and prequalify incoming project opportunities; confirm the customer’s technical requirements; develop and size equipment options that will meet these requirements, using current and new tools available.
- Develop pricing estimates and custom proposals for customers’ solutions.
- Work with suppliers to specify and select key system components, such as burners, pumps, valves, and controls.
- Follow up with customers on open proposals. Discuss, clarify, and negotiate to a closed sale.
- Periodically contact accounts to prospect for new project opportunities, update contacts, and request referrals.
- Coordinate and participate in project launch discussions and continuous improvement meetings where required.
- Act as a liaison, or project manager, between customers and design/production teams.
- Participate in or host customer visits to Enerquip, virtual meetings with customers, lunch and learns, presentations, etc.
- Represent Enerquip at trade association meetings and shows.
- Input and maintain customer data in CRM; document sales activities such as key project discussions, virtual meetings, and sales calls.
- Prepare electronic folders for new orders and create PO checklists for sold projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and attributes:
- Customer service and teamwork oriented. Personable, with the ability to work well with others.
- Strong math skills; ability to work with formulas, tables, and multiple variables.
- Strong sales skills; ability to prequalify, develop relationships, and close sales.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints for equipment; CAD background is helpful.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, HTRI/BJAC or similar modeling software, estimating templates, and website research.
- Self-accountable, self-driven, and organized. Goal-oriented team player committed to hard work, accuracy, and continual learning.
- Believes in and effectively uses data and analytics to manage performance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills. Ability to develop and propose equipment-based solutions for clients.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial in spirit. Willingness to help where needed, regardless of the task.
Integrity, drive, quality and care – that’s what makes the Enerquip team. Ready to join a culture of excellence? APPLY TODAY!