Tank Heating Coils Designed for Long-Lasting Efficiency
Tank heating coils are a key component of thermal fluid heating systems. These coils are used to heat and regulate the temperature of tanks filled with stored materials in dozens of industries, including asphalt, chemical, refining, biofuels blending and more.
Because they play a crucial role in the heating and maintenance of large quantities of material, tank heating coils must be designed to be durable, reliable, and efficient.
Whether made with carbon steel or 316L stainless steel, we carefully design and build our helically wound and bare tank coils to last for many years. We realize how difficult it is to get into a tank filled with fluid to repair or replace a tank heating coil and, therefore, take extra care with this important piece of equipment.
Many years of design and practical operating experience go into the process and mechanical design of every tank heating coil. With the use of seamless pipe and solid helically wound fins, our tank coils are built for peak performance and designed to last for decades.
Custom Tank Heating Coils
For both our helically wound and bare tank coils, we can utilize either steam or thermal fluid as the heating medium. The fluid to be heated can vary greatly from project to project and our expert engineers can design tank heating coils for any of these projects.
These coils can also be designed to fit into an existing tank manway or into any specialty tank, whether it is vertical or horizontal. They come in a variety of thicknesses including schedule 40 or 80, along with sturdy tube supports and legs. If you have a need, our team of engineers can work with you to design a coil that meets your requirements – and exceeds your expectations!
Helically Wound Vs. Bare Pipe Coils
With both bare pipe and helically wound coils as options, how do you choose? Your decision relies on a variety of factors including the application, material to be heated, ambient temperature, preference, and budget. We can help you determine the best fit for your operation.
Benefits of Bare Pipe Tank Heating Coils:
- Bare tank coils are often a better option for highly viscous products, especially where fouling may be a concern.
- Stainless steel bare tank coils can be used in a variety of food, beverage, and other sanitary industries.
- For smaller applications and processes, bare tank coils are often less of an investment.
Benefits of Helically Wound Finned Tank Heating Coils:
- Finned tank coils are highly efficient with up to 12x greater surface area than bare pipe coils.
- Greater heat transfer means significantly less pipe is needed to heat the tank, saving money and installation time.
- The larger the application, the better the efficiency when it comes to finned tank coils.
Whichever you choose, be assured that our coils are built with quality and longevity in mind.
Why Helically Wound Tank Coils are Superior to Longitudinal Tank Coils
While there are many ways a tank coil can be built, experience has proven that in most scenarios tank coils with helically wound fins are the best way to go. Longitudinal fins are an alternative option, but they tend to fall short of their helical coil counterparts in a number of ways.
The benefits of helically wound coils include:
- Better Heat Transfer – Experience has shown that the horizontally installed helically wound fin tubes have two times better heat transfer than a longitudinal horizontally installed solution.
- Reduced Cost – Helically wound coils require only half as many coils as longitudinal coils thereby saving significant capital and installation cost.
- Reduced Coking – A helically wound fin design removes the ‘dead spots’ that occur in a longitudinal fin. This makes helically wound coils much less likely to coke.
For More Information About Tank Heating Coils:
Be sure to check out our tank heating coil FAQs for additional details and helpful information about industrial tank heating coils, their applications and more. You may also find our tank coils fact sheet and tank coils video helpful as you’re researching your options and determining which type of coil is right for your facility and application.
Invest in Quality Tank Heating Equipment from Enerquip
If you’re looking to invest in high quality industrial heating equipment for your plant or facility, you’ve come to the right place. At Enerquip, we take pride in designing and manufacturing durable thermal heating systems and hot oil heating system components for organizations and applications in a variety of industries. From tank coils and thermal fluid heaters to complete thermal fluid heating systems, we do it all.
With decades of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and resources necessary to provide your business with industrial heating solutions that will improve productivity and profitability. Our industrial heating equipment is competitively priced and offers tremendous value.
Interested in learning more about how our tank coils can benefit your facility specifically? Wondering how much it will cost to implement our high-quality tank heating coils? Complete the form below or give us a call at (715) 748-5888, and we will get right back to you with the information you’re looking for!